[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] A question about two submit points
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:42:27 -0500
- From: Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] A question about two submit points
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 03:32:34PM +0000, jun wang wrote:
> Hi All,
> I did a test to submit jobs from two machines and expect they will be scheduled
> to execute at a roughly similar speed each. But Condor always pick up jobs from
> one queue to run in most time and pick up only few jobs from another queue. I
> tried to increase the priority of the jobs in the second queue, but there is no
let me try to clarify how this works. first, the job priority only matters
within a single schedd, so this will not do what you wish. second, condor
schedules jobs and assigns priority based on the owner of the job. i'm
guessing in this case, the jobs have the same owner in both schedds.
here's two simple options:
1) use accounting groups. jobs submitted to schedd A and schedd B should then
have different accounting groups.
2) submit the jobs as a different user to each schedd. then they will be
if you opt for #1 (which i would probably recommend), you can also use
SUBMIT_EXPRS in the config files to do this automatically for you:
please let me know if i can help further. thanks!