Re: [Condor-users] A question about two submit points

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the very useful information. Now I can only schedule jobs from two schedds with similar speed by defining different subsets of machines for each queue. But if I use the same set of machines for both schedds(I suppose Condor should support scheduling jobs from both schedds using the set of machines), even I use different user names or accocunting groups, Condor always schedule jobs from one of the schedds, and few from another. By the way, my application is like:

- one Java application use BirdBath SOAP API to submit 256 identical jobs to a schedd on the same first machine;

- another same Java application use BirdBath SOAP API to submit 256 same jobs to another schedd on the same second machine simultaneously;

- all jobs requests are submitted to the schedds through multiple clusters each of which has 32 jobs;

- the two schedds are in different NT domains;

- all job requests from both schedds define the same set of 32 machines to run; Note: if the schedds define two different subsets of machines to run here, then the scheduling speeds from two schedds are similar.

Any idea? Many thanks.

Another question is when I use condor_userprio to set priority values or delete a accounting group, the output said the operation has been done, but when I use this command to check again even after a long period of time, their contents are still same which mean my operations do not work. By the way, I run this command on a worker machine not the Central manager.

Any idea on this question? Thanks.

Cheers,
Jun