Re: [Condor-users] Max. amount of Jobs in queue

> On the 6.8 series the limit is more like 15K (and slightly lower on XP
> verses a server based install).

We've routinely pushed our Linux 6.8.x series schedds to 40,000 jobs
with about a 100:1 job:cluster ratio. With 500 startd's pulling and
running jobs from one schedd. The trick is auto-cluster configuration
and controlling the jobs coming in. You really want to keep a tight
reign on how jobs look when they enter the system. Lots of consistency
is important for good auto-clustering.

And you don't want anyone running condor_q calls against a schedd that's
working that hard.

> Hopefully you're on a seven series so the 150K sounds reasonable.

Or you can, as Matt pointed out, skip 6.x and save yourself all the
trouble. I think we only a handful of startd's you don't have a lot to
worry about.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.