Re: [Condor-users] dos box popups on condor_q

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Ian Chesal<ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Does your condor_config.local look something like this:
>>
>> $(BIN)\cycle_cache_config.exe $(LOCAL_DIR)\condor_config.cache 30 30
>> http://eac-scheduler:8080/configManagementServer/getConfig.s?m
>> achineName=$(FULL_HOSTNAME)
>> |

>> It pulls down the config from a central location allowing us to
>> control the config on the artist machines.  I think probably between
>> the previous version and 7.0.5 that the Win32ProcessParam for not
>> creating a window was set to false, and previously it was true.
>>
>> If your .local is empty, you will not have this problem.  I can run
>> cycle_cache_config in a sub-process, set the flag to true, and no
>> window is created, so I'm pretty confident about this.
>
> While I use CycleServer to manage my farm, I don't use their config
> cache and retrieve mechanisms. I use a file hierarchy on my shared drive
> and CycleServer writes out config files for me in the heirarchy.
>
> You might want to send an email to Cycle Computing's help email. It
> might be a change in the way | is handled in Condor. That's a guess
> though.

We're going to get away from cycle server anyways, so ultimately I
don't really care now that I know what's causing the problem. We'll
just go with a standard config that we deploy with the condor install
(now that we don't need to be changing it all the time).  We're
writing a new tool "Aerie" that gives the artists much better fidelity
than cycle server does.  I'm pretty sure the problem is in condor, not
cycle_cache_config, condor must create the process for
cycle_cache_config, and it's there that the 'do not create window'
flag needs to be set.  The previous version of condor (w/ same version
of cycle server) never had the problem.

Mark.