[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Condor doesn't appear to respect X509_USER_PROXY
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:54:04 -0500
- From: Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor doesn't appear to respect X509_USER_PROXY
On Aug 27, 2010, at 12:55 PM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
> This is interesting. I no longer have the problem. Perhaps Peter (who
> has also chimed in on this thread, and is our group's Condor sys admin)
> made some changes that caused this all to work. If anyone is still
> interested in further details, read on.
> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,GSI
The GSI authentication looks to be causing the problem. If condor_submit_dag is trying to authenticate to the schedd via GSI, it will need to use your proxy. But this shouldn't be a problem for two reasons.
1) It should be using filesystem authentication first, which shouldn't be failing.
2) When doing GSI authentication, it should respect the X509_USER_PROXY environment variable.
I may try to reproduce your problem, in case there are bugs that will bite other users.
Thanks and regards,
UW-Madison Condor Team