Re: [Condor-users] REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = False usage problem

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:22 PM, <kschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Are you sure the primary config file on the machine were you ran
>condor_status has "REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = False" ? I.e. you didn't
>just make this edit on the config file on your central manager?

Yes, I am sure. My CM is another machine. The configuration files I am changing is local condor_config.local of my personal machine.

What does:

condor_config_val -verbose REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE

return?

Find attached the primary config file I am using. REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE is commented (line 71), so it is assuming REQUIRE_LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE=True (as described in the documentation). After reading this file, it reads condor_config.local file (with the settings I submitted, an have also attached). The attached file is a Zip file, please change the file extension.

The best way to find out if the setting is being changed by another config file is to use condor_config_val. Sometimes it's not obvious where a setting is coming from when you're using multiple local config files.

- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com