Re: [Condor-users] quick condor_rooster question

Hello Ian,

There is no configuration setting to limit the number of machines woken in a cycle. As you suggested, you could limit the rate by wrapping condor_power with a script that sleeps. Here's an example that limits the rate to 1 wakeup per 30s:

ROOSTER_WAKEUP_CMD = "/path/to/sleep_exec 30 $(BIN)/condor_power -d -i"

And then create sleep_exec:

#!/bin/sh
sleep $1
shift
exec "$@"

Hacky workaround or elegant plug-in.  Call it what you wish!

--Dan

Smith, Ian wrote:
Hello All,

Very quick question - is there an easy way of limiting the number of machines woken up
on each condor_rooster cycle. ( The reason I ask is that if a user submits a large
number of jobs then it appears that condor_rooster will try to wake up everything
and the manager will get swamped. ) .I can think of a hacky workaround by substituting condor_power for my own script but something more elegant
would be nice.

cheers,

-ian,