Re: [Condor-users] Condor pool with different architectures

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Diana Lousa <dlousa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can the same
binaries of condor be used for the two different architectures?

The answer is: it depends. I found, in general, if I used the statically linked binaries for RHEL5 I was okay on most Linux variants. For 7.4.2 I used condor-7.4.2.-linux-x86-rhel5.tar.gz deployed to my NFS share and that worked fine on CentOS4, CentOS5, RHEL4, RHEL5 and SuSE 10.

You can use the 32-bit Condor binaries on 64-bit machines without any issues. Condor itself doesn't require much memory and there are no limits placed on the type of jobs that can be run based on the bit-ness of Condor being used.

- Ian