Re: [Condor-users] Getting cpuinfo in standard universe jobs

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

My purpose is to record to amount of CPU power required for each run
(which varies greatly depending on the parameter). I found that the
condor internal benchmarks are very inaccurate. For example, on two
workstations with exactly the same CPU architecture, the one with a
higher clock speed consistently give a lower KFlops rating. The Mips
rating appears to make more sense, but the actual CPU speed correlates
the best with the run time (inversely).

I have no direct access to the nodes in the pools that my jobs can
flock to, and so I haven't been able to check their CPU models. I
believe hwloc will be a great addition to condor (as well as a
solution to this problem). But for the time being, I'll experiment
with CPUID first (unless someone tell me a better approach, or that
CPUID it's not going to work).

Cheers,
Ka-Hei