[Condor-users] [Possible Bug?] Macros not allowed in log file name in DAG node submit files

Dear all,

When I try to use a single job script for mulitple jobs in DAGMan, I
get the following error:
MultiLogFiles: macros ('$(...') not allowed in log file name
($(id).condor_log) in DAG node submit files

See below for my job script. It contains a $(id) macro in the log
file name, where $(id) is defined with "Vars" in the DAG script.
According to the example in the documentation (under the heading
"Single submit description file" in link [1]), this should work.

As a result, condor is not saving log files for the individual jobs.
Is it possibly a bug? Should I post it on the bug tracker?

Thanks,
Ka-Hei
PS: Similar questions [2, 3] have been asked before but no one
replied. Hopefully someone will see this post :-)

============= Job script =============
Universe   = standard
requirements = (Arch == "X86_64") && (OpSys == "LINUX")
Executable = /path/to/binary
transfer_executable = TRUE
should_transfer_files = IF_NEEDED
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT