Re: [Condor-users] classad and slots

On 01/06/2011 02:06 PM, Nick LeRoy wrote:
Matt,

I noticed that GT today. Are you going to enable this for dynamic slots,
e.g. CRON_MYJOB_SLOTS = 1_1,1_3,1_5,2_3,4

I wasn't planning on it, but it could be added.  Does this even make sense?
By definition, dynamic slots can come and go, but the slot list is statically
defined.  As currently written, I believe that it *will* apply to the all
slots in the list, and all "sub slots" of those.

-Nick

I can't think of any interesting use cases where you want to fire one hook on slot 1_1 and 1_3 and a different one on 1_2. That certainly means there are some though. 8oP

It is probably more interesting to be able to fire on slot1 (partitionable) and on none of the dynamic children (slot1_*). Is that possible? We chatted at one point about an expression defining where/when a hook should fire.

Best,

matt