Re: [Condor-users] Win7 and kbdd daemon

I believe 7.6.1 (not 7.6.0) has fixed many of the problems and works with win 7. I am using this and I have not detected any problems. There is nothing special that you need to do to make it work. I believe you do not even need to add it to the daemon list, but I am not positive on this (you may want to check the manual).

mike

From: <Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx>
To: <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/07/2011 01:24 AM
Subject: [Condor-users] Win7 and kbdd daemon
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All

Just wondering if someone has a summary of the status of the condor_kbdd daemon
with regards to working correctly for Win7.

What version/s of 7.4 and 7.6 correctly detect keyboard activity on Win7, and what (if anything)
special needs to be done to config files (or the registry) to allow it to work?

I have searched the user-list archives and wiki but am finding it difficult to
dig out this information.

Thanks for  any info/help.

Cheers

Greg

P.S. Our "installs" are not via MSI installs but via extracting and copying