From: "John (TJ) Knoeller" <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/07/2011 03:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Win7 and kbdd daemon
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Todd just reminded me - There was a bug in all versions of Condor prior to 7.6 where if you restarted condor while a user was logged on, the KBDD would not restart and would not know how to talk to the restarted Condor daemons, so it would cease to work until you logged off and back on again.

So the matrix is:

For all versions of Condor before 7.4.4
   Use the MSI installer and the KBDD will work until you restart Condor then it will fail until you logoff and back on.

For Condor 7.4.4 until 7.6.0
   Use the MSI installer _or_ add KBDD to the DAEMON_LIST and KBDD will work until you restart (see above).

For Condor 7.6.0 and later
   Use the MSI installer _or_ add KBDD to the DAEMON_LIST, there are no known bugs with the KBDD

-tj

On 7/7/2011 2:17 AM,