Re: [Condor-users] lightweight cluster/grid engine

Yes.  I've had some trouble having a job launch anoher job using
condor_submit with the queue.   ( This among other things. )

I'm a good programmer, a barely passing system admin.  The time I put
in figuring out condor was greater than the time I'd figure I'd put in
writing my own a queue manager.  Now that it's in place, I need condor
only for mpi/java universe stuff and off-grid things.   I still use
condor, and probably will for a while.

I also wrote "gwrap" .. which can be used with any cluster solution
(condor, grun, torque).   It downloads all the dependencies for a job
from a server... without having to specify the dependencies in the job
file.  It can also record all the files created, and push them back to
the origin server when the program is finished.  Again, no need to
specify stuff... everything is detected based on system calls.

- Erik