Re: [Condor-users] Windows MSI Installer bug?

Thanks for letting us know.  I've added a ticket to track this issue.
https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2544

-tj

On 10/13/2011 5:05 AM, Rob Stevenson wrote:
Morning all,
I've been upgrading our condor pool and hit a problem, now resolved. However, I thought I'd report it in case it's not just me and there is a wider problem!

When I use the latest stable windows installer ( condor-7.6.3-winnt-x86.msi ), whether manually or scripted, I've noticed that HOSTALLOWWRITE (or 'hosts with write access' in the gui install) in the installation seems to be ignored. The behaviour I would expect is for this field to be added to the ALLOW_WRITE line in condor_config (is this the right expectation?!). However, this doesn't seem to be happening, instead it's sticking to its default:

ALLOW_WRITE = $(FULL_HOSTNAME), $(IP_ADDRESS)

I apologies if this has been flagged before or I'm reporting to the wrong place - please correct me if this is the case! And, let me know if you'd like more information.

Best regards,
Rob

HR Wallingford uses faxes and emails for confidential and legally privileged business communications. They do not of themselves create legal commitments. Disclosure to parties other than addressees requires our specific consent. We are not liable for unauthorised disclosures nor reliance upon them.
If you have received this message in error please advise us immediately and destroy all copies of it.

HR Wallingford Limited
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA, United Kingdom
Registered in England No. 02562099