From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jan_Seidel@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 7:13 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Question about using Condor in a non-Grid environment

From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Pieri
> If I follow your description, a submission to the batch system would
> entail a four-way dependency between jobs, each of which runs
> concurrently on a specific type of node.  Two of these jobs function as
> servers and the other two function as clients.  Concurrent,
> heterogeneous batch scheduling.

I'm not sure if  that's the correct description, but maybe I'm not following you correctly. Let me rephrase the problem:
We have one control server from where we start all the jobs. The jobs communicate with all nodes by themselves (we have an SSH- and Telnet-based solution that's already working). The only thing we need a resource manager / job queue for is to manage the available resources and kick off the jobs once the required resources are available.

Example:
User 1 submits a job which needs 1 server, 2 linux clients, 1 windows client
User 2 submits a job which needs 2 servers, 2 linux clients, 2 windows clients

Condor in this case should only manage the resources and kick off the jobs once the required nodes are available. I'm not sure if that's a typical use case of Condor, though.

Thanks,
Jan