Re: [HTCondor-users] Conditional output file transfer

On Sun, 12 May 2013, Brian Candler wrote:

I think I was a bit premature with my results.

It appears that if the submit file contains

   error = myjobname.err

then a zero-byte "myjobname.err" is created on the submit host automatically
(either at the time the job is submitted or when it starts executing, I'm
not sure which)

Ah, you're right -- I forgot about that.

I guess this would be a reason to use the DAG POST script to clean things up -- it is run on the submit machine after the job runs and everything is transferred back.

Kent