Re: [HTCondor-users] "File Transfer Using a URL" seems to be useless on Windows!

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:24:57PM +0400, Alexey Smirnov wrote:
> The reason why I started to play with URL file transfer mode is a hope to
> distribute the network load and to avoid all traffic being channeled thru a
> submitting node.

That makes sense.

I have done this on Linux before, but I haven't tried anything like this on
Windows.  If you are willing to play around with it a little I believe it
should work.

In your first attempt,  "file://fileservername/path/file" will be recognized as
a URL of type "file" and then the prefix "file://" gets stripped off and the
curl_plugin is asked to fetch "fileservername/path/file".  I'm not surprised
that returned an error.  You may wish to try using the UNC-style name with the
two backslashes in front, like "file://\\fileservername\path\file" instead.

For experimenting, you can invoke the curl_plugin.exe by hand from the command
line:
  curl_plugin source destination

And once you have that working, just slap the "file://" in front.

Cheers,
-zach