Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor ClassAd attributes list in python bindings

Maybe my question about sourcing a file to define the environment for a job has been misunderstood.

To be more concrete I explain the real problem. I need to run some jobs on Condor that basically call an OpenFOAM solver (simpleFoam) to do a fluido dynamic simulation.

In order to work with OpenFOAM I need to source a bashrc file installed in the worker machine (this file: https://github.com/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.2.x/blob/master/etc/bashrc). Even if the file is sourced system-wide in /etc/bash.bashrc, whenever I run a simulation as a condor job the file is not source by the condor user.

So i'm wondering if there's a way to source that file "condor-wide" or on a per-job basis (my job executable is a Python script).

Thank you all for your help,
Alessandro

2014/1/8 Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Jan 8, 2014, at 7:47 AM, Alessandro <a.sabellico@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for your answers! I did a dump with condor_submit and got all informations from there.
>
> I have 2 more question. Sorry about that i'm new to htcondor, and even if I read the manual I couldn't find this informations.
>
> I'm using STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT in my nodes configuration files to define some environment variables used during jobs. Now i would need to source a file with some others environment variables definition (actually an OpenFOAM environment definition). is it possible to source a bash file from condor configuration file?

This is covered here:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/3_3Configuration.html#SECTION00431400000000000000

Basically,

LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE=/path/to/script.sh|

The script output is parsed as configuration variables.

> the second question is: is it possibile to "label" the starter nodes (for example node 1 is LABEL_A, LABEL_B, LABEL_C ; node 2 is LABEL_D, LABEL_A) and then assign a job with LABEL_X to an appropriate node?

You can use STARTD_ATTRS to produce the labels (or, if they aren't static, use a STARTD_CRON to launch a script which outputs the labels) which appear in the machine's classad.

Then, you can use Requirements (http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00352000000000000000) in the jobs to make sure a given job requires a particular label to be present.

Brian