Re: [HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

OK, I misspoke. There is no requirements section/variable in the .sub. There are no useful log outputs. I submit the .dag file with condor_submit_dag. Everything looks the same as on the machines where it works is the main thing I'm trying to convey. The job just magically decides it has to run on a Winnt51 machine despite being submitted on a Windows 2008 machine.

From: HTCondor-users [htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of R. Kent Wenger [wenger@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 3:26 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Rowe, Thomas wrote:

> Yes, the dag job itself is hung. It never starts running locally and so
> the .sub and .log files are empty.

Hmm -- that doesn't make any sense.  Without a .condor.sub file there's no
way condor_dagman can even get into the queue.

What's the command that you're running to submit your DAG?

> Unfortunately this is an air-gapped network and I can't simply send you
> files/output.
>
> "condor_q -l" indicates that, yes, the target operating system
> requirement is Winnt51, just as "condor_q -analyze" is complaining. The
> condor platform variable indicates Winnt51 x86, but it does that on all
> the other machines without problem. I'm assuming that's where the
> executable was compiled. A string handling bug is getting the target
> opsys requirement set incorrectly? If you can specify anything specific
> to check I will reply.

Can you please run the following commands on the machine on which the DAG
fails, and one of the ones on which it works, and send the output?:

   condor_config_val.exe ARCH
   condor_config_val.exe OPSYS
   condor_history.exe -l <dag id>, extract the Requirements line

> Is there any reason to think upgrading Condor might address this? Did
> you update the compiler used?

Well, the compiler version doesn't have anything to do with what's in the
job's requirements.

This seems more like a configuration issue than a bug in HTCondor.
Upgrading from 7.6 isn't a bad idea, but I doubt that it will solve this
specific issue.

Kent