Re: [HTCondor-users] Help on FLOCK and CCB

Thanks for the input.

I was thinking if it is at all possible to offer the user a virtual machine like what Amazon does by using the idle desktop/laptops.

The user will get a virtual machine, which have some computation capacity, in addition it ( the virtual machine ) can send jobs to pool A or B of idle desktops/laptops.  Both the virtual machine and pools will be created from idle desktop/laptops.

Do you think this is kind of infrastructure is already is in place?

This may be off topic for this list , but still any suggestion/pointer how to proceed is most welcome.

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: batsayan.das@xxxxxxx
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting