Re: [HTCondor-users] ignore accounting groups

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Keith Brown <keith6014@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so, there is no way to ignore accounting groups from an administration
> point of view? Is it possible to set anyone who sets an accounting
> group to a very high priority. I just want to use username for their
> priority and not accounting group.

Maybe the easiest way would be to have a wrapper that users call that
does the sed. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a cleaner solution.

> If this feature does not exist this should be added. This is an
> enterprise sort of feature.

My enterprise customers want the opposite. They don't care about which
user is submitting jobs, just what business group. Of course, that's
not meant to invalidate your use case. I, too, would like to see more
ability for admins to control/enforce job attributes. CycleServer does
that by modifying attributes before a job gets sent to HTCondor, but
even then the logic isn't very flexible. If you have an account on the
HTCondor wiki, I suggest opening one or more tickets[1] to describe
the functionality you want (and hope that the developers will provide
it). If you don't, I'd be happy to open them for you, provided a good
description to place in the ticket.

[1] https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktnew

Thanks,
BC