Re: [HTCondor-users] PERIODIC_HOLD is applied extremely infrequently

I don't have an answer in mind asking these questions, I'm just trying
to tease out a few details that will hopefully spark a moment of
brilliance in someone's mind.
I appreciate your help :)

First, what version of HTCondor are you running?
3.3.5

Is the value of "some" consistent (either in raw terms or as a
percentage) across multiple tests?
No. Sometimes the right thing happens and all jobs go on hold, sometimes none do.

I know you said that you checked with `condor_q -const <your
expression>`. Was that with your real expression, your test expression
or both?
Both

Is it possible that some of your test jobs define `periodic_hold` in
the submit file? A job's periodic_hold expression takes precedence
over SYSTEM_PERIODIC_HOLD.
No. I am using my own test jobs and they don't do that.

Vlad

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Vladimir Brik
SYSTEM_PERIODIC_HOLD = (JobStatus == 2 && JobUniverse == 5 && Owner ==
"vbrik")

The interesting thing about the expression above is that it puts *some* jobs
on hold immediately after they start running (as expected), but jobs that
weren't put on hold immediately after starting are never put on hold.

I don't have an answer in mind asking these questions, I'm just trying
to tease out a few details that will hopefully spark a moment of
brilliance in someone's mind.

First, what version of HTCondor are you running?

Is the value of "some" consistent (either in raw terms or as a
percentage) across multiple tests?

I know you said that you checked with `condor_q -const <your
expression>`. Was that with your real expression, your test expression
or both?

Is it possible that some of your test jobs define `periodic_hold` in
the submit file? A job's periodic_hold expression takes precedence
over SYSTEM_PERIODIC_HOLD.

Thanks,
BC