Re: [HTCondor-users] Hooks

From: Houssam MOUDJEB <houssam.moudjeb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2016 09:20 AM

> I am interested in using the "hooks" to trigger a particular action when a
> job is submitted.
> In the condor manual (section 4.4 hooks/prepare job)  it's explained how to use it.
>
> But the user has to tell condor in his submit file he wants to use a hook.
> Is there a way to use particular hooks by default? If yes, would it be
> possible to have the link to the documentation please ?
>
> thank you in advance.

You're looking for the SUBMIT_EXPRS configuration setting. This specifies the names of attributes to add to each job submitted to the pool. I use it for a RemoteCpuUtilizationPercent attribute. In the /etc/condor/config.d/701cpupercent:

RemoteCpuUtilizationPercent = blah blah blah
SUBMIT_EXPRS = $(SUBMIT_EXPRS) RemoteCpuUtilizationPercent

As a result, each job gets this attribute. The same would go for defining the hook for every job.

You'd probably want to figure out an _expression_ with an ifThenElse(), however, since if a submitter is using a different hook prefix you wouldn't necessarily want to override it. There may be a better approach for what you're doing than using a hook.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_