[HTCondor-users] correction: How to change machine availability for job execution?

I am just learning HTcondor and about to setup a job queue with several linux machines. I have been reading the user manual and it appears that for machines that can execute a job you put parameters into the condor_config for that machine.

If I have several machines that can run jobs but want to be able to make a machine unavailable perhaps thru a desktop gui and then make it available again later, do I just change the condor_config file locally?

Thanks

Lee