[HTCondor-users] Windows: Non-standard installation + config path

Dear all,

I have two very simple questions, but somehow am unable to find good
answers in the documentation so far. Both refer to a Windows pool with
HTCondor 8.2.6:

1. Normally we always install HTCondor in the directory "C:\Condor", but
one user has chosen "C:\Program Files (x86)\Condor" instead. On this
machine, I see a lot of errors in the logs, indicating that HTCondor
cannot deal with the space character in the value of RELEASE_DIR. Is
this known? Our can I somehow make HTCondor run even in this path?

2. We are using a global configuration file (on a network share) and a
condor_config.local on each machine. The global file specifies the
(fixed) location of the local config file (same on all machines).
However, on one machine, this location does not exist and we need to put
the local config somewhere else. How can I accomplish this? As far as I
understand, the local config file location cannot be given by an
environment variable? Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance for your hints!

Jens