Re: [HTCondor-users] Windows: Non-standard installation + config path

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Jens Schmaler <jens.schmaler@xxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Normally we always install HTCondor in the directory "C:\Condor", but
> one user has chosen "C:\Program Files (x86)\Condor" instead. On this
> machine, I see a lot of errors in the logs, indicating that HTCondor
> cannot deal with the space character in the value of RELEASE_DIR. Is
> this known? Our can I somehow make HTCondor run even in this path?

Could you use "C:\PROGRA~2\Condor" instead?

> 2. We are using a global configuration file (on a network share) and a
> condor_config.local on each machine. The global file specifies the
> (fixed) location of the local config file (same on all machines).
> However, on one machine, this location does not exist and we need to put
> the local config somewhere else. How can I accomplish this? As far as I
> understand, the local config file location cannot be given by an
> environment variable? Is there any other way?

That's tough. I suppose you could do an ifThenElse in your global
file, but that gets kind of messy. Something like

LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE = \
    ifThenElse(FULL_HOSTNAME=?="DifferentMachine.example.com", \
    "C:\some\other\dir\condor_config.local", \
    "C:\condo\condor_config.local")

Thanks,
BC

--