Re: [HTCondor-users] why does htcondor change sysctl params, and why is this done outside of /etc/sysctl.{d, conf} ?

On 1/15/2016 1:20 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> I don't know if that's the SOP for rpms, libvirt ships with
> /etc/sysctl.d/libvirtd already, so there's precedent. I fail to see what
> the problem is with /etc/sysctl.d/condor: it's OK to for condor to
> create /etc/some/config.d but for some reason it's not OK to create
> /etc/other/config.d?

I think that the libvirt package should not have created and populated
the directory. I don't know how it got through testing and QA but it
shouldn't be there on RHEL6. It breaks LSB, at least at the time of
RHEL6's release, and it contradicts Red Hat's documentation for RHEL6.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science