Re: [HTCondor-users] Odd behavior of condor_master in SL7

I do not hesitate to point out to people the following:

âDuring the life cycle of a major release, Red Hat makes commercially reasonable efforts to maintain binary compatibility for the core runtime environment across all minor releases and errata advisoriesâ

This is a commonly-used legal term that I understand to more or less mean, âweâll do it unless we lose money on it.â This is a perfectly reasonable approach to take, but people treat RHELâs ABI promises as having value in and of itself, while RedHat, when it comes down to it, doesnât.

Tom

On 12/4/17, 4:08 PM, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Dimitri Maziuk" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 12/04/2017 03:43 PM, Michael Pelletier wrote:

    > "All your daemon are belong to us. You are on the way to SystemD. You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha ha ha ha..."

    I have to say, between RedHat breaking kernel ABI on every point release
    in 7 series (kills zfs) and systemd exorcising all my daemon (kills nfs
    cluster failovers among other things), freebsd is looking better and
    better every day... and it can run docker apparently, too, for all those
    GNapps we all can't live without.

    --
    Dimitri Maziuk
    Programmer/sysadmin