Re: [HTCondor-users] Schedd dies with an exception when communicating with IPv6 startd

Hi Todd,

>> grid_collector, A.B.C.D = the grid collector we flock to, and its IP address
>> W.X.Y.Z = schedd IP address
>
> 	I assume both of these are IPv4 addresses?

You are right.

>> worker_ip = matched worker node (supposedly IPv6 only)
>> another_remote_ip = another node at the grid site.
>
> 	Are these IPv4 or IPv6 addresses?

These are also IPv4.

> 	Do you know if the grid collector has an IPv6 address?  I'm beginning to wonder if the 'IPv6-only' node has IPv4 but is configured to prefer its IPv6 address.

I did
host -t AAAA <host name>
queries. Neither the collector nor the schedd has an IPv6 address. I can get in contact with the site admin and see if that (supports both but configured to prefer IPv6) is the case.

Thank you,
Yutaro