and it still works without setting CONDOR_IDS

cheers
alessandra

On 20/03/2017 19:28, Michael Pelletier wrote:
For what it's worth, CentOS / Red Hat has assigned uid/gid 64 to the "condor" user and group in /usr/share/doc/setup*/uidgid.

	-Michael Pelletier.

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dimitri Maziuk
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 3:06 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] startd doesn't start

I've a salt state that creates them as part of condor installation. So far they
haven't clashed with any existing ids, but I usually do a fresh os install when I
roll out a condor node and there aren't many existing ids there yet at that
point.

I'm sure you can do it with the others (chef/puppet/ansible) too.