Re: [HTCondor-users] Drain HTCondor worker by setting instance metadata value

On 2017-09-06 07:23, Bob Ball wrote:
If all you want to do is let all running jobs finish, and not start any others, then just do
condor_off -peaceful -daemon startd -name <machine_name>
From wherever that command is allowed to run, eg, the machine where the collector/negotiator are running.

In the context of the original post, this means you have to manage your openstack infrastructure from condor central manager. Which, again, makes the "you can just" part not entirely correct.

I seem to remember futzing with some settings that were supposed to allow it to run elsewhere, and failing. I am sure there are several knobs for this too.

Dimitri