Re: [HTCondor-users] Hold reason: Error from slot2@htnode02 Failed to open /scratch/condor/simple.out as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)

Hello,

Can you list the ownship and permissions for each directory:

ls -ld /scratch
ls -ld /scratch/condor
ls -ld /scratch/condor/cosit

The output file is opened by condor using our library function called "safe_open" which may fail with a permission error if the ownership or permissions are not safe, security-wise.  In fact, if the directory is "writable to all" then that may be exactly the problem.  Perhaps try changing the permissions to 0755.

Cheers,
-zach