Re: [HTCondor-users] docker universe and centos 6

On 8/29/19 3:30 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
> On 8/29/2019 2:40 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

>> ... Looks like we have to
>> run condor in a centos 7 container in order to run a docker container in
>> condor.
>>

> I guess that would be one way of running HTCondor on Alpine (we may be
> working soon on creating some 'official' HTCondor docker hub images)...

So I took Andy's Dockerfile as a starting point, modified it a bit and
ran the resulting container with /var/run/docker.sock bind-mounted.

I now have a condor node running on alpine 3.10 that reports HasDocker =
true.

It would take more work to make it actually work: its hostname isn't
resolving from condor CM at the moment and so on, but still...

You may want to look at LinuxKit closely because that is the today's
shiny of the server-side linux AFAIK.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin