From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dimitri Maziuk via HTCondor-users
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:28 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] sudo / package installation inside a docker container inside a user job

On 6/13/19 3:07 PM, Gergely Debreczeni via HTCondor-users wrote:
> python3, tensorflow, gnuplot, etc... nothing special, in principle they could be installed in advance, but each user group has different requirements and we don't want to manage / maintain so many different docker image...

Is reproduce/repet-ability a concern? You may get a different new version of $foo on every run if you do this; "immutable" is one of the buzzwords in docker's sales pitch.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and may contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.