Re: [HTCondor-users] Jobs remaining idle due to permission denied issue

I was under the impression that then when a condor job is submitted and executed on another node, condor will spoof things such that the job still sees the submit machine's file directory.

See the following page for a discussion of how HTCondor manages files in the absence of a shared filesystem:

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users-manual/file-transfer.html

The other issue I'm seeing is that when I run condor_reconfig -al or
condor_restart -all, I get this:

You probably need to set ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR, probably to condor_pool@*/*. (Be sure to run those commands as root, since the tools can't otherwise read the pool password.)

- ToddM