Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_master aborting because of FIPS mode

Hi Douglass,

You wrote:
>  And, why does the non-FIPS version from the tarball know to look in a lib directory this is relative to executable location and the FIPS version does not?

It's because the binaries were extracted from the RPM -- I believe they don't have their rpath set to be relative like the binaries in the tarball.  Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH as you did is normally how I would solve this issue.

I don't have any experience with this myself so I'll let others chime in about whether or not this is a good idea, but there are utilities such as chrpath and patchelf that let you modify existing executables.

FYI, we are working towards not having separate FIPS and non-FIPS builds, but until that happens you'll need to use one of the above options.

Cheers,
-zach