Re: [HTCondor-users] How to preserve environment variables

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020, shkelzen.rugovac@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Shkelzen,

We are in the process of moving from creamce to htcondorce and we have some
trouble to pass some basic tests to commission our new htcondorce.

We set our env variables ( example: $VO_CMS_SW_DIR=/cvmfs/cms.cern.ch)
using puppet but at the job running time they are all unset.

We know that condor_submit can use getenv for this but we would like to
have the behaviour of getenv=true to be enabled for the entire cluster by
default since we do not have a control on jobs that arrived via the grid to
our site.

Could someone help in this direction?

We are using a job wrapper to execute commands before starting the job.

If you already have

   USER_JOB_WRAPPER = somefile

in your HTCondor configuration then just edit it or otherwise add this to your config.

Cheers:
         Csaba