Re: [HTCondor-users] Abaqus + JobWrapper: Unable to kill job via condor_rm

Hi Felix,

this is partly a UNIX 'problem' by using exec you replace the previous bash process, exec will never come back but replace the actual process that called it, hence traps you send to the previous process will not be handled/forwarded either.

I don't see the necessity for your 2-lin bash script, should not something like:

executable = /opt/Abaqus/Commands/abq2017
arguments= job=sim01_NI1100 input=sim01_NI1100.inp user=umat.f inter

Be more straight forward ?

If you want to stick to your script do something like:

#!/usr/bin/bash
sh /opt/Abaqus/Commands/abq2017 "$@"

or maybe:

#!/usr/bin/bash
cd /opt/Abaqus/Commands
./abq2017 "$@"

Both of these ways of execution should be able forward the kill trap ....

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer