Re: [HTCondor-users] Abaqus + JobWrapper: Unable to kill job via condor_rm

Dear Todd,

thank you very much for your additional suggestions!

what version of HTCondor are you using on the execute nodes
condor_version
$CondorVersion: 8.8.12 Nov 24 2020 BuildID: 524104 PackageID: 8.8.12-1 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_CentOS7 $

On your execute machine does "condor_config_val BASE_CGROUP" return "htcondor" (which it should by default) ?
True, for all nodes (submit, execute, centralmanager)

What distro of Linux are you using?
CentOS 7

Another random thought is to add the following config knob to your config (on your execute nodes, or on all nodes is fine as well):

ÂÂÂ USE_PID_NAMESPACES = True
Sadly, even this knob does not solve the issue completely. I.e., condor_rm is able to kill

the job. Nevertheless, since Abaqus does not seemed to be killied via SIGTERM,

there is a lock-file present does prohibits the job rerun without removing

the lock-file (called *.lck).

Actually, I not that I would be able to solve this via a pre-command, but this is another

script that should be considered and maintained.

Do you have further suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Felix

Final random thought: where any of your still-running Abaqus processes stuck in the "D" (disk IO) state when you look at them with /bin/ps? On Linux, processes stuck on I/O cannot be killed, even with "kill -9". I have seen this happen when, for instance, a job is using a stale/stuck NFS mount....
Thanks for this addtional hint. But in my case, I am able to kill the job via SIGTERM manually.