Re: [condor-users] Job Vacate Policy

I think that what you can try is to use "periodic_*" expressions.
For instance, you may use "periodic_remove" to avoid suspension of a job. We
used this and it worked.
You may alternatively use periodic_hold and periodic_release to attempt to
reschedule the suspended job.
If you really trust your users, you can put "START=TRUE, SUSPEND=KILL=FALSE" and
make them play with "periodic*" and job "requirements" expressions.
I suppose that allowing the submittor to decide what would be the job's behavior
when the resource owner wants the resource back, is inhenrently incompatible
with the Condor's phylosophy of "making the cycle stealing transparent for the
resource owner".
What the developers think about all this?