Re: [condor-users] globus -> condor matching problem

Hi,

As a caveat to my last email, the changes I have made to the condor.pm
file have resulted in condor jobs running on the gatekeeper itself not
being able to return redirected stdout to the condor-G client, whereas
that used to work fine before. I suspect that this may be tied up to the
requirements field no longer containing (FileSystemDomain ==
"silica.esc.cam.ac.uk") but instead (HasFileTransfer), which seems to
fix one problem but introduce another.

Comments (apart from that I should seek a new profession)?

Thanx,

Mark

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:40, Mark Calleja wrote:
> G'day chaps,
>
> First of all, thanks to all who are trying to help; it's much
> appreciated.
>

> > > Certainly you should specify:
> > >
> > >       should_transfer_files = YES
> > >       when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
> > >
> > > If you need to transfer more than the default files though, I'm not sure
> > > what to specify, or how to get the list of files from the jobmanager.
> >
> > The jobmanager doesn't tell the scheduler script (condor.pm) what files
> > the client (Condor-G) requested to be staged in and out. There's also no
> > way for the client to specify a list of files that need to be present on
> > the execute machine. This isn't much of a problem for output files, as
> > Condor can be told transfer all output files from the job (those created
> > or modified after the job began running).
>
> OK, I've added the two lines that Alain recommended and also forced all
> jobs to be run as vanilla ones, and now the jobs *apparently* run
> happily on the remote execution machine (i.e. IRIX gatekeeper handing
> off to Linux execution node), and the log file on the Condor-G
> submitting node indicates "Normal termination (return value 0)".
> However, the contents of the redirected stdout are not returned to this
> machine (recall that this program simply echoes "hello world"), and the
> initially touched file remains empty. A quick look at the ShadowLog on
> the gatekeeper gives:

Condor Support Information: