Re: [condor-users] globus -> condor matching problem

Mark Calleja wrote:

should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

OK, I've added the two lines that Alain recommended and also forced all
jobs to be run as vanilla ones ...
However, the contents of the redirected stdout are not returned to this machine (recall that this program simply echoes "hello world"), and the
initially touched file remains empty.

The bad news is that Condor 6.4.5 doesn't handle staging of stdout/stderr back into the GASS cache correctly. The good news is that this is fixed in Condor 6.5.5.

However, are you sure that file staging is going to work out for real jobs? I mean, if you need to access any other input files, then you'll have to hack the Condor jobmanager to specify in the submit file that these input files should be transferred, or you'll have to require that submitters include the correct Globus RSL string to make it happen. Note that if you do it via the RSL string, then you shouldn't have to change your Condor jobmanager at all.

--Dan