Re: [condor-users] condor_userprio

Hi,

> >Are the priority factors I set for the other users who have not yet
> >run Condor jobs persistent? How can I tell?
>
> You can set some defaults, like DEFAULT_PRIO_FACTOR and REMOTE_PRIO_FACTOR
> (for users that aren't in the same domain--but this may not affect jobs
> coming in via Globus, depending on how you set it up).

No, this won't work. They are all users in our pool, and there isn't a
single default...there are three.

> I believe that you can set user priority factors with condor_userprio even
> if the users hasn't yet submitted a job. I'm not the expert on it, but it
> worked for me.

Can the Condor staff person who is an expert on this comment?

If the answer is that I cannot set a priority factor for a user that
has not yet run a Condor job then I need to set up a cron job that
runs condor_userprio every hour or so.

I just need to know...

Thanks,

Scott