Re: [condor-users] Memory in a Virtual Machine

Alain Roy wrote:

I used NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES = 1 and RESERVED_SWAP = 0, but when I do a "condor_status -l", I find the memory that is being advertised is 503. I then set the MEMORY directive to 2015, it still shows it as 503.

What if, instead, you do:

NUM_CPUS = 1
MEMORY = 2015

That works, it starts a single Virtual Machine and displays the amount of memory as 2015. However, if I comment out the MEMORY part and just leave the NUM_CPUS = 1, condor_status -l shows the memory as 503 (just to reaffirm there is 2GB of physical ram on the machine).

I thought Condor automatically detects how much memory a machine has?

Thanks,

Hari

Condor Support Information: