Re: [condor-users] Myrinet - similar problem

Hi, Daniel,

thanks a lot for your help.

> >> So I am also looking for a way to make the central manager of
> >> Condor communicate over two NICs. Does anyone know how to configure
> >> it like that?
>
> Sure, we do it here.  This works for Red Hat Linux 7.2/7.3.

It also works for Red Hat Linux 9. That is what I am using.

> I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes, it helped.

After I did as you said, I had to do some other configuration changes. The
domain suffix of the condor host was not the same anymore. Thats why I ran
into some permission issues with the UID_DOMAIN. Also, there was no DNS on
the beowulf except for static routing and condor seems to do some reverse
DNS lookups before executing jobs. I got that fixed by adding the DNS name
of the outside NIC and outside IP to the /etc/hosts files of the nodes.

But now, at last, the front end can see the nodes and the nodes see the
beowulf although they are in a different address space. That is great! It
should also work for Joel with his Myrinet. Perhaps this solution is even
worth a chapter in the manual...

Condor is trying to flock now. Thats cute, though there is no usable result
yet because the computers it flocks to are having permission problems. But
that's ok, can get that fixed on my own.

Thanks a lot again and regards from Germany,
Michael.

Condor Support Information: