Re: [condor-users] useless idle ?

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 05:19:34PM -0000, Michal Sankot wrote:
> Heya,
> I'm the only user on Condor Windows network and when I submit jobs to
> vanilla universe, they sometimes get executed right away and sometines, they
> stay idle for some time. Why are they not run streight away, when I'm the
> only user ? And when starting condition is set to true ?

The matchmaking only happens every so often - see the
NEGOTIATOR_INTERVAL setting in the manual. When you submit a job,
the schedd sends a request to the central manager asking it to
perform a matchmaking cycle. The matchmaker is free to ignore that
request (it might be busy in the middle of another one, or it may
have decided that not enough time as passed since the last one - at
a minimum, it will always wait 20 seconds between matchmaking cycle,
and it is not possible to make that number lower)

How long are you seeing jobs stay idle? If it's longer than a few
minutes, something else is happening.

Thanks,

-Erik

Condor Support Information: