Re: [condor-users] getting the demons to listen on a different interface

Martin,

> I have two sets of machines, one on the public network, and one on a
> RFC1982 network. The central manager runs on a gateway machine so it can
> later talk to both networks easily (and for now, in order to have the CM
> accessible from the public network w/o hopping through yet another gateway).
>
>  > [root]# ifconfig
>  > eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:30:48:71:1D:6B
>  >           inet addr:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  Bcast:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> Mask:255.255.254.0
>  >
>  > eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:30:48:71:1D:6A
>  >           inet addr:192.168.60.24  Bcast:192.168.30.255
> Mask:255.255.255.0
>  >

> Now I could not find a way to have the demons (negotiator etc) listen on
> the private interface. The ports 9614 and 9618 and so on are open on the
> primary eth0 interface only. The CONDOR_HOST and similar entries seem to
> *tell about* the whereabouts of the host/interface, but not actually
> instruct any demon to use a particular interface. Eventually the
> challenge will be to have the demons accept requests on both interfaces,
> but for now I'm looking for a way to bind them to eth1. Is there a way
> to do that?

Someone already suggested setting NETWORK_INTERFACE, but you may want to
read this thread:

    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/condor-users/msg00861.html

To see if it will help solve your general problem.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics