Re: [condor-users] Speeding up condor_submit (was Speeding up DAGman submits)

From your message it sounds like the DAG behavior I've described might be changed- so that it won't trigger negotiator cycles, making jobs run even *more* slowly than they do now.

I was postulating that we could chnage it so that it would run more quickly. It would still generate negotiator cycles, except for scheduler universe jobs, which don't need them. But I don't yet know if this is a good idea or not--it goes beyond my knowledge. I'll talk to other staff members about it.

One thing that occured to me is that for our demo GUI purposes, it might be convenient for us to have a way to trigger negotiator cycles externally.

condor_reschedule

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6/condor_reschedule.html

It will still ignore it if it's been less than 20 seconds since the last one, I think.

-alain