Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:52:05 +0100 (BST)
From: Brinda Ganesh <brinda_ganesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters
How does ruby pass back the installed memory size
information back to simics? Im assuming that this
information is conveyed somehow so that the os can
swap things in and out of disk if the virtual memory
size gets larger than the installed physical memory
size.

I tried resetting the number of memories to 1 so that
it was not equal to the number of processors (2) in
the system but it causes the system to crash... Is
there some other parameter tha t I need to reset?

failed assertion 'id < m_nodes' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool,
int) in network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:199
failed assertion 'id < m_nodes' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool,
int) in network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:199

Thanks
Brinda